Monday, November 22, 2010

Times are Changing

Kari representing my Alma Mater
Yesterday I received a text from my friend. We have been friends since fifth grade. We are both now thirty and times are changing. As kids, we played together and always talked about plans and how it would be when we are "grown". Now that time is here....I am getting nervous. She texted me and told me she just found out she is 11 weeks pregnant. Now if you know her, you would be as shocked as I am. She is a lively woman, who loves to have a good time. I never imagined she'd be having a baby. I know we are getting older and many of my friends are getting married and starting families. It made me think...hmmm, what is it going to be like when my time comes to have a child. Will I be as shocked as I was to hear she was expecting? Will I be happy? All of those thoughts ran through my mind yesterday and I became a little nervous. Today I am babysitting one of my close friend's son. He is so smart and loves to talk. He is such a pleasure to keep. He continues to show me that motherhood isn't so bad after all. He loves to stare at my fish and wonders what happened to my big fish...LOL, so inquisitive. I think one day I will make a great mom but right now I will enjoy all of my friend's children and share in their happy moments of motherhood. Here is a shot of Kari wanting to feed the fish!!!
I enjoy all the questions he has and watching him grow. His mom is doing an excellent job raising him.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be a GREAT MOTHER and I look forward to the day, you say: "I'm pregnant"....!

    ReplyDelete